Tuesday, June 26, 2007

on a quest to compile a list of soy free products

I just contacted Giant Foods to find out if there was any soy in their Natures Promise Tuna. I was connected to the nutrition department of Stop N Shop. I spoke to a very sweet young woman who took my phone number and went sleuthing for me.

She called back and after speaking to the suppliers saying that this product was indeed soy free.

I have a can of Nature's Promise Natural Chunk Light Tuna in Water and it does not list that it contains soy like other tuna products such as Bumble Bees or Chicken of the sea.

I am taking her word for it.

However I CANNOT GUARANTEE THE STATEMENT IT IS SOY FREE TO BE TRUE.

I can only hope it actually is.

My eyes are getting all out of whack reading labels constantly.

And my nerves are shot wondering if certain foods are safe for me to eat.

I also posted a question to this company online. I am waiting for this reply as well.

No comments:

List of SOY FREE products (or otherwise products that appear to be soy free)